Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When everything seems to be going wrong SERVPRO of Gulf Beaches South / West St. Petersburg is here to help you make it "Like it never even happened." If you have an emergency, we are here to help no matter what the time of day. While you wait on our team, we have some tips to view. After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
Our SERVPRO team provides fast 24-hour emergency services to your residential or commercial property. SERVPRO of Gulf Beaches South / West St. Petersburg is a locally owned and operated business and we have the best training, expertise, and equipment to properly handle your residential or commercial restoration and cleaning needs.
Have A Water Damage Emergency?
Call SERVPRO of Gulf Beaches South / West St. Petersburg at (727) 341-1001
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (727) 341-1001
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.